New: Events Calendar!
To find out about events that are supported by the Security Service, please take a look at our new calendar:
Join us on twitter - https://twitter.com/QMULSecurity
The police service has released the short public information film called 'Stay Safe: Firearms and Weapons Attack' which sets out the key options for keeping safe should an incident occur. The film is freely available online via the link below.
About the Security Service
The Security Service team comprises 50 male and female in-house Security Officers on a rotating day and night shift pattern with fully operational Security Control Rooms at Mile End, Whitechapel and Charterhouse Square. All security officers are identifiable by their navy blue QMUL Security uniform and are in direct contact with the Security Control Rooms via two-way radio communication.
- To provide a professional customer-focused security service
- To provide a safe, secure and welcoming environment to all students, staff and visitors
- To ensure the security and safety of the entire College Estate.
What we do
The Security Service is responsible for a wide and varied range of tasks including:
- CCTV Monitoring
- Foot and bike patrols
- Fire and intruder alarm monitoring
- Alarm response
- Car parking enforcement
- Access control
- Security at planned events
- Liaison with emergency services
- Talks to staff and students
- Security surveys.
Where we are
Security Control Rooms are located at:
• Mile End - Ground Floor, France House. Tel: 020 7882 5000
• Whitechapel - Garrod Building, Room G.07. Tel: 020 7882 2599
• Charterhouse Square - Dawson Hall, Front Entrance. Tel: 020 7882 6020
• In case of emergency, dial 020 7882 3333